Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Task 12. What I plan to do.

Now remember: I exist in a department where one member only recently--in the last five years--began typing his evaluations and another recoils at the word "blog". At the same time we have a couple of younger members who are I'm sure well versed in the world of the web and another, a veteran even, who shows no fear of it. And there's me, who some in my department think has gone over the edge into techno-land. And as this course has shown me, I am so far from techno-land that it's ridiculous. Yet given that, I still will push what I know and have learned to use successfully.

What I have done in short term classes I have taught with two separate colleagues this past year is use the blog. And both Clark Cloyd and Rick Goldstein with appreciated its usefulness in the classroom. Not that either of them is about to begin using it on their own, but they know that when we teach a class together again, we will probably continue to use the blog. I will have no problem talking this up for the rest of the department, and I will, if not this year, but certainly next year, continue to use it in my own upper level classes and in short term film and literature classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment